We went through a little scare on Sunday night with Logan. I was away for the weekend when Logan started to develop cold symptoms Sunday afternoon. It wasn't a big deal at first and the day continued normally. Around 7 p.m. Logan started to cough a lot and within a matter of minutes started to cry and panic which made him cough even more. He was having a hard time breathing and sounded awful. Jeff called me while I was on the bus ride home from NYC. I couldn't understand much but after hearing the panic in Jeff's voice and the sounds coming from Logan I told him to hang up and call 911. An ambulance and a fire truck showed up in three minutes. The 911 dispatcher had told Jeff to try and calm Logan down while they waited. The ambulance took Logan and Jeff to the ER in Springfield where they diagnosed him with croup, bronchiolitis, and a fever. After responding well to the various treatments, they let him go home after three and a half hours.
I was a nervous wreck as I sat on the bus, feeling helpless, scared, and uninformed. I arrived at the ER around 10:30 and was relieved to see Logan acting like his normal self, aside from the cough and looking awful. I gave him a double decker bus from my trip and he had a great time driving it all over the bed rails. Jeff did a great job taking care of him and keeping him calm and my parents were a big help with Kira, bringing stuff for Logan, and picking me up at the bus stop. I am so thankful for the competent and kind paramedics, firemen, and doctors that took care of my boy.
Logan has been doing well the last two days and only has occasional coughing fits. He is taking steroids and tylenol and has been sleeping like a champ. Hopefully this will be our last trip to the ER, at least for a while. Logan likes to talk about riding in the ambulance and still enjoys looking for fire trucks and ambulances while riding in the car. He was a brave, little boy and I am so thankful that he is doing better now!
awww pooor guy! you must have been terrified. I'm so glad he was okay thought. :)
ReplyDelete