I forgot to take pictures at the campgrounds, but I did take pictures on our tour around JMU and at our tour of Skyline Caverns. Aside from eating yummy campfire food, we also enjoyed homemade ice cream from Kline's (our favorite ice cream place in college) and a great lunch at Spelunker's (Front Royal).
On Saturday we went to the JMU arboretum to walk around. It was drizzling but still a beautiful place. The kids had fun feeding the turtles and fish in the pond.
Kira and Logan were not very impressed with the driving tour of JMU but Jeff and I liked seeing everything again. We would have gotten out to do more exploring but it started to rain.
My Old Apartment
The New Stadium
Future Duke?
The Quad - Wish we could have walked on it!
I enjoyed touring Skyline Caverns and the kids did great on the tour. I don't remember a lot of the details but it was a fun experience. It's cool to think about how all of that was under the ground, undiscovered for so many years. After the tour we went on the train ride before heading home.
Underground Lake
Exploring the "Bat Cave"
No comments:
Post a Comment